Terms and Conditions
By using our site you are agreeing to our Terms of Website use. Please read through the information carefully and if you do not agree to comply with these terms, please stop using the site immediately.
We allow free access to Our Site. You will not be charged in any way in order to access or use it.
We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue our site (or pages within Our Site) at any time without notice.We will not be liable to you if Our site (or pages within Our Site) are unavailable for any length of time.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it, unless specifically labelled otherwise.
All content is protected by the United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties that are applicable. All such rights are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, distribute or by any other means, re-use content from Our Site unless you have gained written consent to do so by us.
• Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (or any other form of web browsing built into other software or apps)
• You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our Site for your personal reference
• Draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
• Save pages from within our site for viewing at a later date or offline.
Content downloaded and/or saved from Our Site much not be used for commercial purposes without first obtaining permission or a licence from us to do so.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Links to Our Site
• You may only link to Our Site provided that:
• This is done in a fair and legal manner
• You do not use and logos or trademarks displayed and used within Our Site without written permission from us.
• You do not do so in any manner that suggests approval, endorsement or association on our part where none exists.
Links from Our Site
• Links to other sites may be included within Our Site. These links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the content and information provided within those sites and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur from use of these links.
The inclusion of a link to another site with Our Site is for information only and we do not imply any endorsement to these sites or those in control over them.
* The content on Our Site should be used for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon wholeheartedly. Professional advice should always be sought before taking any action relating to renting Stand-Up-Paddleboards and equipment.
• We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Viruses, hacking, Malware and other security
• You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, Logic bombs, Worms or any other material that may be deemed malicious or technologically harmful.
• You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access yo any part of Our Site or the server where Our Site is stored or any other server, computer or database that is connected to Our Site.
• You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
• Breaching these provisions means you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authority and we will co-operate wholly with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
• You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
• We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
• We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without prior notice. The prices displayed on our website and our leaflets can be considered a guide price. If you have any doubt about the prices displayed on our website or leaflets, please contact us to discuss.
Age restrictions on purchase
• The purchase of certain services made available on the Website are subject to age requirements specified by law. We are not permitted by law to supply these services to individuals who do not satisfy these age requirements and, if you are underage, you must not attempt to order these services through the Website.
Acceptance of you order
• Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your booking. Acceptance of your booking will take place only at commencement of the services you ordered.
• LakeSUP will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm that they have received your order.
• If we cannot supply you with the service you ordered, LakeSUP will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including e-mail) and, if you have already paid for the service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
Delivery (including timescales and delivery charges)
• Delivery timescales and charges will vary depending on the delivery address provided.
• All delivery charges, where applicable, are stated clearly throughout the booking process and are based on distance from the LakeSUP Office Address.
• We reserve the right to cancel or amend any delivery service due to unforeseen circumstances whereby the delivery cannot be made.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the hire of all Stand Up Paddle Boards and Accessories (the “Equipment”) from Sup Rentals Limited (the “Hirer”) by Customers who are hiring the Equipment for use at a location of their choice (the “Location”).
• The Hire terms refers to the Start and End date of the hire.
• If the customer wishes to extend their Hair term, they may request to do so at any point prior to the end of their Hire Term. The customer must contact the Hirer, to request such extension. Agreement of the extension will be subject to availability of the equipment during the extension period. Availability cannot be guaranteed to the customer beyond the pre-existing hire term.
• The hirer reserves the right to recall all or any part of the equipment hired immediately at any time. In the event that this right has been exercised, the customer will be issued a full refund for the duration of the hire term remaining or immediately issued with replacement equipment of the same type at on additional cost. If the customer refuses to hand over the equipment to the hirer on request, the customer shall be deemed to have authorised the hirer to charge for any costs associated with such recovery.
Fees and Payment
•The Hire Fees will be determined by reference to the length of the Hire Term, the type and quantity of Equipment, the Price List and any additional items which may be included in the Hire.
• Payment should be made in full prior to the commencement of the Hire term. Online payment can be made using PayPal or customers can pay over the phone using a Credit or Debit card.
Delivery and Collection
• Following receipt by the hirer of the hire fees the hirer shall deliver the equipment to the location requested by the customer on the agreed date and time.
• The Hirer shall use its best and reasonable endeavours to ensure that delivery is made on time but shall not be liable for any failure to do so.
• The customer must be available at the time of deliver to receive the goods, instructions on equipment use and sign the disclaimer. In the event that the customer is not present at delivery, delivery will not be made and the customer will be liable for any costs incurred for re-delivery. If no re-delivery time is agreed, the customer is not entitled to any refund for the equipment.
• At the end of the hire term, the customer shall ensure that all equipment is available and ready for collection by the hirer. The customer must be present at the time of collection do participate in an equipment check.
• In the event that the customer is unavailable for collection on the agreed date, the customer shall be required to pay the relevant hire fees for the additional time.
• In the event that any equipment is unavailable for collection on the agreed hire date, the customer is required to pay the relevant fees for the missing items up to and including the day that they are returned to the hirer. If those items are not available for collection due to loss or destruction, the customer is liable to pay the cost of replacement in accordance with the hirers then current price list.
Use and Care of the Equipment
• The Customer may only use the equipment for the normal purpose for which it is intended.
• All Equipment must be used in accordance with any and all operation and safety instructions or similar documentation provided.
• The Customer may not make any alterations or adjustments to the Equipment beyond those that would be considered reasonable for normal use of the Equipment within the range of possible adjustments specific to a given item.
• The Customer may only affix or connect other items to the Equipment where such affixation does not exceed the design limitations of the Equipment and is not likely to damage it in any way.
• The Customer shall at all times treat the Equipment with a reasonable level of care and shall ensure that it is kept clean, subject always to reasonable levels of wear and tear. In particular, the Customer shall clean the Equipment before returning to the Hirer so that is in no less clean than when provided to the Customer.
• In the event that the Equipment is not available for whatever reason, the Hirer reserves the right to substitute the Equipment with equipment of a similar quality and specification, and which may be a different brand.
• The Customer shall not attempt to make any repairs to the Equipment without the prior written consent of the Hirer. When the Hirer is contacted in this regard it shall have the option of repairing the Equipment itself or granting the Customer permission to make the necessary repairs. The cost of such repairs shall be borne by either the Hirer or the Customer, the responsibility being determined by the reasons for those repairs.
• All parts which may require replacement during the Hire Term shall be replaced free of charge by the Hirer provided that such replacement is necessitated by nothing more than normal wear and tear. Additional damage may result in the Customer being charged for the cost of replacement parts and associated labour.
• The Equipment shall be insured by the Hirer as part of the Hire. This insurance cover provides for the following:
• Damage whilst the Equipment is in transit and whilst it is being used responsibly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
• Theft, provided such theft occurs to Equipment responsibly looked after by the Customer.
• The insurance cover provided for in this Clause 8 shall not cover accidental or malicious damage.
• In the event of damage or theft of the Equipment, the Customer will have to pay an insurance excess of up to six hundred pounds (£600) per event.
• The Hirer will maintain sufficient public liability insurance coverage at all times during the Hire Term.
• The Equipment is only insured for use in the United Kingdom and must not be taken outside of the United Kingdom without the Hirer’s prior written approval.
• The Hirer will not be liable for any personal injury or damage to property which results from the improper use of the Equipment.
• The Hirer will not be liable for any other loss or damage arising out of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
• Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts the Hirer’s liability for death or personal injury arising out of any act or omission of the Hirer.
• Subject to the foregoing, the Hirer’s liability shall not exceed the Hire Fees actually paid by Customer.
The Hirer will not share the Customer’s personal data with any third parties for any reasons without the prior consent of the Customer. Such data will only be collected, processed and held in accordance with the Hirer’s rights and obligations arising under the provisions and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Where the Customer is an individual, the Hirer shall be entitled to terminate the Hire in the event that
• the Customer is in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
• the Customer has had their personal belongings confiscated in order to satisfy debts; or
• the Customer has a receiving order made against them.
• Where the Customer is a company, the Hirer shall be entitled to terminate the Hire in the event that:
the Customer is in breach of these Terms and Conditions;
• the Customer goes into bankruptcy or liquidation either voluntary or compulsory (save for the purposes of bona fide corporate reconstruction or amalgamation) or if a receiver is appointed in respect of the whole or any part of its assets.
• In the event of termination for any of the above reasons:
• all payments required under these Terms and Conditions shall become due and immediately payable; and
• the Hirer shall have the immediate right to request the immediate return of the Equipment or repossess the Equipment and may charge the Customer for any reasonable costs involved in such repossession.
• In the event Customer terminates the Hire, the following refunds shall be applicable:
• If the Customer gives the Hirer over 20 days’ written notice: A full refund will be issued.
• If the Customer gives the Hirer between 14 and 20 days’ (inclusive) written notice: 50% of the Hire Fees shall be refunded.
•If the Customer give the Hirer less than 14 days’ written notice: 25% of the Hire Fees shall be refunded.
• Customers who wish to use the Equipment but are unable to, due to hazardous weather conditions (deemed so by the hirer) shall have the option to:
• re-book the Hire for another date to be agreed with the Hirer; or
•receive a full refund of the Hire Fees.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
• The Hirer shall not be liable for, nor shall it be considered in breach of these Terms and Conditions due to, any failure to perform its obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions as a result of a cause beyond its control, including any act of God or a public enemy or terrorist, act of any military, civil or regulatory authority, change in any law or regulation, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other like event, theft or criminal misconduct of unrelated third parties, disruption or outage of communications (including the Internet or other networked environment), power or other utility, labour problem, unavailability of supplies, extraordinary market conditions or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing, which could not have been prevented by the Hirer with reasonable care.
Law and Jurisdiction
• These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute between the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.